I was surprised to see Arduino Due (an SAM3X8E-based chip) on your list of supported platforms, but not Raspberry Pi (any model/version), which is also based on SAM3X8E. On the "Future Hardware Platforms" wiki page (https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Future-Hardware-Platforms) I see RPi mentioned with a bulleted list of items/todos/notes.

While I like the Due, the sheer power and RAM capacity of the RPi is enticing to me. I would have thought that making RIOT-OS compatible for Arduino Due would have crossed RPi off the list as well since they are both SAM3X8E-based.

What would I need to do to get RPi supported? What if I am interested in supporting other SAM3X8E boards as well?

-Zac