Did the discussion about redundant parameter validations and DEVELHELP die?

I like the idea of getting rid of some redundant input validation. For
example, if you are internally using spi_transfer_byte to provide
spi_transfer_regs, then if the SPI device is valid for the first byte
transferred, then it is probably going to be valid for the rest of the
bytes in the same function call chain.

There was some discussion about null pointer checks in a PR or a
mailing list thread but I did not find it when I did a brief search.

Best regards,
Joakim Gebart
www.eistec.se