Hi Ben,

great to hear from you and about your interest in RIOT. First of all
I am really sorry for the delayed reply.

In our current approach we pull in the network stack part of OpenWSN
and apply patches with an adaption layer to map OpenWSN's hardware
abstraction to RIOT's driver model. Unfortunately the current version
used in RIOT master is quite outdated but we plan to change this and
address problems we found during the last plug test soon.
Right now we are kept busy getting a new RIOT release ready but it
improvements to OpenWSN support have a very high priority for the time
after the release is out.
(This should happen in the next couple of days)

There are also plans to improve interaction between RIOT applications
and the OpenWSN network stack. If you could imply what your specific
requirements are we can take these into account of future planning.

I hope this gives you an overview, for any further questions don't
hesitate to ask.

Best, Thomas