Hej,

On 03.09.2015 23:22, Attilio Dona wrote:
Ciao Kaspar,

I agree with RIOT philosophy, so a rewrite could be a nice thing, but I also think that this is not a top priority now, at least for me ...

If someone else wants to contribute it would be great!

One more thing to consider is that cc3200 has:

  * 256 Kb of RAM
  * an external SD serial flash card memory where to flash the image
  * an internal ROM memory burned into the chip that hosts the
    bootloader and the driverlib "ROM version" (directly from factory)

So from version ES1.33 it seems possible to link to the ROM version of driverlib for resource optimizations (so could be a waste to throw away the driverlib API?)
IMHO that is exactly what we do!

@kaspar: in this particular case (as for the LM4F120 launchpad board) it makes very much sense to use the provided hardware abstraction to implement RIOTs periph interfaces, as the code used by this HAL layer is burned into read-only ROM directly on the CPU and thus does not use any additional memory...

Cheers,
Hauke

I have not tested this setup yet, but I think could be a trail to do.

Attilio

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 9:36 AM, Kaspar Schleiser <kas...@schleiser.de <mailto:kas...@schleiser.de>> wrote:

    Hey Attilio,

    Thanks a lot for your effort on getting this board supported!

    On 09/01/15 21:32, Attilio Dona wrote:
    > I need just some confirmation, the most important is
    > that driverlib from TI is license compatible with RIOT
    > (cpu/cc32000/driverlib and cpu/cc3200/inc files used as HAL for the
    > drivers).

    I just took a quick look, but it seems like "driverlib" is TI's own
    hardware abstraction C code.

    Our philosphy here was always to not use vendor-supplied HAL code and
    instead rewrite hardware support from scratch.

    While that requires a little more effort for a new port in the
    beginning, we usually end up with a lot cleaner, smaller, more-to-the
    point code that can more easily be shared between platforms.

    (The license used by driverlib looks fine actually.)

    Kaspar