Hi Doni,
A lot of what you asked for can be found in our documentation [1]. For an
introduction of how to use an existing application you can read [2]. To
create an application there is this page [3] and to create a module (a new
functionality for RIOT), there is also information on this [4]. If you have
further questions about the process you can always ask here.

Hope this was helpful,
Martine

[1] http://doc.riot-os.org
[2] http://doc.riot-os.org/getting-started.html