Hi Anon,

and once again, welcome to RIOT :-)!

Am 12.04.2016 um 12:17 schrieb Anon Anonymous:
Hi everyone!

I'm new to RIOT and I want to implement LoRa network with using existing
RIOT OS networking tools.

My transceiver is Semtech SX1276. It's famous LoRa modem for IoT. I want
to use it as physical layer for my network.

I come up with questions:

1. Where I can get information about all steps that I should perform to
implement networking based on this transceiver?
I mean from messing with SPI up to network connection.

I'm not aware of such kind of porting guide. My proposal would be to read some RIOT code, try to adapt it and open a PR in which you can probably get more concrete help.

2. As far I can see there's two good examples: theCC1101 device driver and
AT86RF2xx driver.
They're implementing a netdev2 interface, it's good choice for SX1276 radio?

netdev2 is the interface of choice, yes.

3. Which IEEE specification or network type fits to the my transceiver
as upper layers? It might be the IEEE 802.15.4?

I've no experience with LoRa but probably 802.15.4 is not an upper layer for LoRa cause it is a PHY/MAC standardization as well. Isn't 6LowPAN + IPv6 compatible?!

4. Maybe I missing something and there's an already existing port of
SX1276 to the RIOT somewhere?

Nope, there's no port.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Cr0s

[...]