Hey Clark,
that sounds something like the path to your make installation isn't
set in the environment variable PATH. I know from the past, that you
can set them somewhere in the system config, but I haven't used
Windows in years and when I did I had it in German, so don't ask me
were exactly (in WinXP you did it like this [1], just add the path to
make to the semicolon-seperated list of the variable PATH [or create
it, if it doesn't exist]). But maybe this hint is enough to give you
some context for a web search to get some more current information.

Cheers,
Martine

[1] https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310519