On 10-07-16 19:43, Kaspar Schleiser wrote:
Hey,

On 07/10/2016 01:13 PM, Kees Bakker wrote:
It drives me nuts. Any hint is greatly appreciated.
Do you have a logic analyzer?
No, I don't have one.
At some point I shall buy one, I guess. But that introduces new
challenges. The SPI signals are not easily accessible.
I've made good experiences with the cheap Saleae ones (I've been using
cheap remakes from ebay like [1]).

It's easy to hook them up between MCU and SPI-device, and they come with
simple but usable Linux software that can decode SPI signals.
Tremendously useful for spotting timing errors ...

Ah, thanks for the pointer. I'll have a look.

Kaspar

[1]
http://www.ebay.de/itm/24MHz-8-Channel-USB-Logic-Analyzer-8-CH-Logic-Analyzer-for-Arduino-MCU-/131840997125?hash=item1eb255f705:g:FEUAAOSwQupXVjOq

Kees Bakker