From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <t.schm...@haw-hamburg.de>
Date: 8/18/2016 23:27 (GMT+01:00)
To: RIOT OS kernel developers <devel@riot-os.org>
Cc: Börje Ohlman <borje.ohl...@ericsson.com>, Joakim Borgh
<joakim.bo...@ericsson.com>
Subject: Re: [riot-devel] Fragmentation support in IP

Hi Adeel,

adding to this: you should keep in mind that in LowPANs you may easily
trigger multiple layers of fragmentation (loosing one fragment is
loosing all!) ... and that receivers may not be ready to handle UDP
datagrams of 'arbitrary' sizes.

So if you really want to stay away from upper layer protocols like CoAP,
you should process data segmentation in your application (not sure this
is the best idea, though).

Cheers,
  Thomas