Good evening,
I finally sifted through all open issues and PRs and evaluated them
for the release [1]. If I missed one, please feel free to point them
out / move them to the respective columns.

Feel  also free to dig into the columns to find some issues that need
fixing until the feature freeze, especially "Fixable for release" (but
also "Open feature and enhancement requests" and "Known issues" if you
are more ambitious ;-))

These are the categories for now:

# Open feature and enhancement requests
Feature or enhancement requests I think to be important enough to get
a boost during the two weeks of sprint until the feature freeze (but
won't necessarily get merged to this point)

# Known issues
Bugs or failing applications that are known by now.

# Fixable for release
Low-bar issues (both "Known issues" and "Open feature and enhancement
requests") that might be fixable until the release to my assessment
(or issues were a corresponding non-WIP-PR already exists).

# Under review for release
Open PRs marked with the "Release 2016.10" milestone.

# Fixed issues from last release
Issues mentioned in the "Known issues" section of last release's
release notes and that are now fixed

# Fixed issues
Issues that were fixed during the release (and are not in "Fixed
issues from last release")

# New features & platforms
PRs that introduced new features or platforms.

# Merged
PRs that were merged during the release but are no new features or platforms.

Since both "Known issue" and the "Under review for release" columns
are rather large now, I'll to get things a little bit more manageable
in the next few days.

@maintainers: The project panel is now free to be edited by anyone.

> Dear release-hungry IoTlers,
> I'm currently in the process of reevaluating the Pull Requests and
> issues for our autumn release [1]. While I'm doing this, here a few
> important dates for the release:
> * Feature Freeze: Monday, Oct 31 (we have a Hackathon at Wikimedia
> coming up Oct 29 [2], so that's why it so late)
> * Estimated Release date: Monday, Nov 7
> So let's get merging.
> Cheers,
> Martine