Oleg,

Here is an example https://gitter.im/Microsoft/vscode

As per the protocol, I can't say I know much about their implementations and
protocols.

I may be on the other side, since I have never had experience with using
mailing lists for projects I work on.  (again, I don't want to disturb
something that works)

Kaspar,

I didn't consider the metadata implications, but I understand if that is a
non-starter.

For me I always felt application like Gitter lower the barrier to entry for new
users and I'm always a lot more hesitant with emails.  This could just be me
though.

Thanks for at least considering it!

[photo]
Anthony Merlino
CTO & Co-founder, Verge Aero
(609)-319-1399 [tel:(609)-319-1399]
On 1/18/2017 2:41:35 PM, Kaspar Schleiser <kas...@schleiser.de> wrote:
Hi

On 01/18/2017 08:03 PM, Anthony Merlino wrote:
> Does anyone else think this would be a big improvement in helping the
> community grow?

I must say I don't think it would.

But even if, I would argue against using gitter as all metadata of our
communication would end up in the hands of a company that actually makes
money analzing that data.

Kaspar