Hi Anthony,

On 02/22/2017 05:17 PM, Anthony Merlino wrote:
> I'm trying to understand a few things.  In the <radio>_setup command,
> how should I copy the default value struct into the overall params if
> the radio_params pointer member is const.  Should I use memcpy? Or
> should I create a new struct on the stack and initialize it with the
> correct pointer before copying it to the dev->params?

Usually the setup() function gets a state struct and the params as
parameters, e.g.,

device_setup(device_t *state_struct, const device_params_t *params);

Usually we double all fields that are needed after setup into the state
struct, or put a pointer in the state struct pointing to params.

(On some MCU's there's a small speed penalty for reading values from
flash. Depending on the device and how often a value is read, that's
tolarable.)

> Also, I'm trying to understand how to achieve your comment: "In the
> default case, all parameters end up in flash."

I meant that if the params struct and the "default advanced settings"
struct are const, they'd end up in flash, although it is still possible
to use runtime-generated versions (in RAM) and use them for initializing
the device.

Kaspar