Hi Sam,
you are right. `assert(((unsigned)socket) <
(_ACTUAL_SOCKET_POOL_SIZE));` should be the right one... with `0 <=
socket` as you gave it only 0 and negative socket ids would be allowed
which is definetly allowed ;-). I provided a PR to fix that [1]. If
you spot any more errors don't be afraid to provide your own PR to fix
them.

Cheers,
Martine