Also, if you have an example of something you wanted to know and had a hard time finding.

Regards,
Gaëtan

On 05.03.2018 12:06, Arndt, Josua wrote:

Joakim this sounds like you have some idea how to? Could you please elaborate?

Best regards,

Josua

*Von:* devel [mailto:devel-boun...@riot-os.org] *Im Auftrag von *Joakim Nohlgård
*Gesendet:* Donnerstag, 1. März 2018 16:42
*An:* RIOT OS kernel developers <devel@riot-os.org>
*Betreff:* Re: [riot-devel] Improve Documentation

I think this is certainly an interesting idea! You will probably not even need Doxygen for anything, plain graphviz (dot) is probably enough.

Best regards, Joakim

On Mar 1, 2018 16:21, "Arndt, Josua" <jar...@ias.rwth-aachen.de <mailto:jar...@ias.rwth-aachen.de>> wrote:

    Hello all,

    as we are working on the PR to bring the Jiminy board to mainline
    repo I had some problems to find where what is, or should be.

    So I had the idea that a graph would help me visualize where which
    module is implemented.

    Something like this.

    My idea was to maybe add a feature which uses doxygen to compile
    dot graphs for a test/application and board.

    So when executing “make doc board=Bordname” in the folder test_spi
    then graphs for this project and board are created.

    Maybe include graphs or such a Module, feature defines graph.

    This would make it possible to just generate one graph for a test
    and add this to the depending readme or wiki page.

    When implementing you could fastly grasp which feature are
    necessary and where they should be.

    Also a comparison of the different cpu and boards could be done.

    But for me the most important improvement would be I could build
    this for a board and fastly grasp where which feature is implemented.

    This would also help newcomers to get a fast overview  of what is
    where.

    Is there interest for such a feature? Does any one have an idea of
    how to best implement this?