Hi Gunar,

there are some efforts to improve end-user documentation [1] which
includes shifting board-documentation from the wiki to Doxygen [2]. Even
though I personally tend to keep the toolchain related stuff in a wiki,
we should try to trigger this discussion in [1]. Would you mind to do so?

Best
Peter

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/issues/8479

Am 11.04.2018 um 17:40 schrieb Gunar Schorcht:
> Hi there,
>
> today I provided a pull request for my port of RIOT-OS to ESP8266.
>
> Now the question is, whether I should already start to document it in
> the wiki or to wait until it is merged.
>
> Even though I documented on how to install the tool chain and how to use
> ESP8266 in a README.md file in the cpu/esp8266 directory, my
> understanding is that it is usually documented board-wise in the wiki.
>
> Regards
> Gunar

Peter Kietzmann

Hamburg University of Applied Sciences