Hi Theresa,

I would recommend waiting for tuesday.

Cheers Simon

Am 2018-05-22 16:29 schrieb Theresa Müller:
Hi Simon,

thanks for your reply!
I would like to use TCP on RIOT for a project at my university which
is related to my bachelor thesis, so would you rather recommend
waiting until Tuesday since it would be better if I use a stable
version for it?

Best regards
Theresa

GESENDET: Dienstag, 22. Mai 2018 um 14:35 Uhr
 VON: "Simon Brummer" <simon.brum...@posteo.de>
 AN: "RIOT OS kernel developers" <devel@riot-os.org>
 BETREFF: Re: [riot-devel] TCP on RIOT OS
Hi Theresa,

 Martine is right, link local adresses don't currently work with gnrc
tcp
 (even with the mandatory interface specifier).
 This is a known issue, I am currently working on it. I intend to
merge
 it on the next Hack'n'Ack (next Tuesday).

 If you need it faster, there is a development branch for the fix on
 github.
 It should compile and work however, it could have some undesired side
 effects.

 Kind regards

 Simon

 Am 2018-05-22 14:03 schrieb Martine Lenders:
 > Hi Theresa,
 >
 > were you using link local addresses (i.e. are they prefixed
 > `fe80::/64`) for your trials? If yes, newer versions require to
also
 > provide an interface with that (as it is the case e.g. also on
Linux)