Hello Janna,

another approach (depending on your use case) to limit the number of
sensor nodes that can communicate with each other is to use a link-layer
black-/whitelisting. In RIOT, you can use the l2filter_whitelist, or
l2filter_blacklist module respectively for this.

When you compile these in, then you will get new shell commands to
interact with these lists. You can get a glimpse on the programmatic
usage e.g. here [1]; the doc here [2].

[1]
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/sys/shell/commands/sc_gnrc_netif.c#L943
[2] http://doc.riot-os.org/l2filter_8h.html

Cheers,
Cenk

On 18-05-29 07:46:44, Robert Hartung wrote:
> Hi!
> The receiver's sensitivity is not always available. However, your link
> to the iot lab github wiki has the following headline on it
> "RF2XX_RX_RSSI_THRESHOLD". This should do the trick for you, as the
> power of signals is reduced with range, and therefore the RSSI should
> drop. In the send, setting the sensitivity and the "threshold" should be
> equal or even identical.
>
> Best Regards,
> Robert
>
> On 28.05.2018 13:13, Janna Om wrote:
> > Hello,
> > i'm trying to reduce the transmission distance of iot-lab m3 sensor
> > nodes.(The number of sensor nodes that can communicate directly with
> > each other.)
> > I have used the solution proposed here
> > https://github.com/iot-lab/iot-lab/wiki/Limit-nodes-connectivity. I
> > could set the transmission power to -17dBm, but I couldn't find how to
> > set the receiver sensitivity of the node. Is there a way in Riot to
> > reduce the receiver sensitivity, or perhaps other ways to reduce the
> > transmission range between the nodes?
> > <https://github.com/iot-lab/iot-lab/wiki/Limit-nodes-connectivity>
> >
> > Limit nodes connectivity · iot-lab/iot-lab Wiki · GitHub
> > <https://github.com/iot-lab/iot-lab/wiki/Limit-nodes-connectivity>
> > github.com
> > GitHub is where people build software. More than 27 million people use
> > GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 80 million projects.
> >

> > I would also like to measure the energy consumption of nodes while
> > running my application. Does the Riot have an approach like Contiki's
> > power profiler?
> > Many thanks in advance!
> >
> > With kind regards,
> > Janna

> --
> Robert Hartung, M.Sc.
>
> Technische Universität Braunschweig
> Institut für Betriebssysteme und Rechnerverbund
> Mühlenpfordtstr. 23, Raum 115
> 38106 Braunschweig
>
> Fon: +49 (531) 391 - 3264
> Fax: +49 (531) 391 - 5936
> E-Mail: hart...@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de

Cenk Gündoğan

Hamburg University of Applied Sciences
Dept. of Computer Science / Internet Technologies Group
Berliner Tor 7, 20099 Hamburg, Germany
Fon: +49 40 42875 - 8426
Mail: cenk.guendo...@haw-hamburg.de
Web: https://www.inet.haw-hamburg.de/