Hi Nazmul,

as you are doing a simulation for native only, you could directly use any linux native functions for the implementation. There are already `native` modules using standard linux/posix interfaces. They should however be configured to not use RIOT posix includes directories. This is done by overwriting `INCLUDES` by `NATIVEINCLUDES` in the module makefile.

```
git grep 'INCLUDES = $(NATIVEINCLUDES)'
boards/native/Makefile:INCLUDES = $(NATIVEINCLUDES)
boards/native/drivers/Makefile:INCLUDES = $(NATIVEINCLUDES)
cpu/native/Makefile:INCLUDES = $(NATIVEINCLUDES)
cpu/native/mtd/Makefile:INCLUDES = $(NATIVEINCLUDES)
cpu/native/netdev_tap/Makefile:INCLUDES = $(NATIVEINCLUDES)
cpu/native/socket_zep/Makefile:INCLUDES = $(NATIVEINCLUDES)
```

One constraint then, is that this module should not interact with RIOT in its API using `posix` constants as they could have different values in your native module and in the application modules. (posix defines names, not values).

I do not know if there are other constraints regarding implementing these kind of modules…

Regards,
Gaëtan