Hi Jose,

while I agree that this would be easier for new users, I don't see how this
would help with applications being in a working state.

First of all, continuous integration is missing for those applications
anyways (IMHO we should change that), so a working state isn't guaranteed
in the first place. A submodule wouldn't help with that.

Second, if any problem arises with the application, we would be "stuck" on
that release (or would have to have hotfixes backported into the release,
specifically tailored to the application). So I'd rather would like to have
it synced with current master but included into the continous integration.

Regards,
Martine

Am Mi., 26. Sep. 2018 um 09:47 Uhr schrieb Jose <jose.ala...@haw-hamburg.de