Hi Juan!

Just a small comment:

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 12:16:08PM +0200, Juan Ignacio Carrano wrote:
> Maybe off topic, but I think we need a IO layer (think SAUL, but more
> complete) so that the user does not have to directly interact with drivers.
> I would answer many of your questions, as in that case there would be a well
> defined interface that device drivers would have to expose. It is an OS,
> after all.

It is an *embedded* OS, after all. Speaking from experience: Trying to design
a too generalized driver API is at best difficult, mostly dangerous.
("API Generalization leads to bloat. Bloats to leads to memory consumption.
Memory consumptions leads to suffering.")

Maybe you can elaborate a little bit more on the "more complete" part?

Cheers,
Oleg
--
panic("Foooooooood fight!");