Hi Robin,

On 5/23/19 2:09 PM, Robin wrote:
> First and most important is the
> question if this feature is still of interest for the RIOT community? It
> was originally mentioned in a feature request back in 2015[2] and may be
> obsolete by this time.

IMO the syslog API itself should not be used for new or RIOT-targeting
applications. Having it available makes porting existing code easier,
thus I still think it is valid to have it available.

Having the syslog-over-udp functionality available is pretty awesome,
especially if it could be hooked up to the existing LOG_* framework.
Have you tried that?

> - Should the syslog implementation be included into an existing logging
> API?

See above. There's an example log backend in sys/log/log_printfnoformat
showing how to create a logging backend module. It should be straigh
forward to use syslog there.

Kaspar