Hi all,

There are several snippets in RIOT that rely on an IRQ event. E.g radios that
don't indicate again if the ISR request is not processed. In that case,
the radio would stop receiving packets or TX done interrupts until
someone calls "dev->driver->isr".

The LoRa SX127x [1] driver has some RX and TX timeout in case interrupts are
lost, (I'm making this feature optional [2] since it's not required
in all use cases, but it's a separate discussion)

The main question here is, how should we handle lost interrupts in
general? Let's say:

1. Should these timeouts be handled in the driver or upper layers? Or by
some module in the OS? (e.g watchdog)
2. Should the device (or system on top) try to recover? Kernel panic?
Leave it to the user?

Cheers,
José

[1]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/drivers/sx127x/sx127x.c#L324