Dear RIOT developers,

I've opened a PR with a new RIOT Developer Memo [1] with a proposal for
a 802.15.4 Radio Hardware Abstraction Layer.

Abstract:
> This memo describes a Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) for radios compliant
> with the IEEE802.15.4 standard. The work follows a technology-specific
> approach
> to provide well defined hardware access that allows to implement agnostic
> IEEE802.15.4 PHY and MAC layers on top. Additionally, the new HAL enables
> integration of network stacks that require direct access to the radio.

Next to the RDM I published an implementation of the Radio HAL API, a test
application and 2 HAL implementations (`at86rf23x` and `nrf52840` radios).
I also appended the memory efficiency compared to the current `netdev`
implementation.

I would like to request feedback from people that have some experience
with these kind of radios.

In case of any questions or comments, don't hesitate to reply
(or post directly in the PR)

Thank you so much in advance!
Have a nice weekend.

Best,