On 18/09/14 14:37, Joel Sherrill wrote:

On September 18, 2014 4:19:17 AM CDT, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de> wrote:
On 16/09/14 23:00, Joel Sherrill wrote:
   .../libcsupport/include/rtems}/tod.h               |    3 +--

I don't think this is the right location for this header file.  The API

declared in this header file is highly questionable since it
circumvents the
device file layer.  This change breaks also all applications that used
this
file via #include <tod.h> or #include <bsp/tod.h>.

The API and implementation are ancient. I don't have time nor inclination to
redesign or reimplement them. Is there even a standard way to do this? But...

I don't mind moving this (and other files in that include directory) to more
appropriate source and install tree locations though. There are at least a
handful of files which IMO are incorrectly placed under libcsupport.

I think we should keep this low quality stuff out of cpukit. So maybe place it in <libchip/tod.h>.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09