On 31/10/2014 6:42 am, Gedare Bloom wrote:
On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:40 PM, Gedare Bloom <ged...@rtems.org> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:32 PM, Chris Johns <chr...@rtems.org> wrote:
Hi,

Libdl tests in the testsuite depend on tools in rtems-tools.git/linkers.
Should I raise a configure error if the tools are not found or not build the
tests ?

Raising an error is my preferred option because libdl for the supported
archs is tested however it creates a dependency between rtems-tools.git and
RTEMS. I can help with this by adding building of rtems-tools.git to the
RSB's build of RTEMS tools.

Comments ?

Only make it an error if building the rtems-tools/linker is part of
the "standard" toolset builds, thus decreasing the burden on users who
don't care to use libdl.

Yes. Libdl only builds for the architectures there is relocation support for.

The documentation on self-built tools, and whatever process we have
for the "authoritative tools" guide should include notes regarding
this.

Sure. Do you have guide ?

Chris