On 07/09/15 08:32, Cyrille Artho wrote:
Hi Sebastian,
I was not aware that deadlock detection was an objective.

It would be good to first clarify the requirements for a new mutex implementation. This is why I created the ticket. It doesn't make sense to add something which will be replaced in some months if we add OMIP support.

Cyclic lock usage could be detected but performance would decrease.

I think cyclic lock usage detection will be a simple side-effect of the horizontal nesting support. On SMP this is crucial since otherwise we may end up in a deadlock at spin lock level and this is bad.

Furthermore, this would also create possible issues with scheduling
fairness, so we would have to discuss that first.

What do you mean with scheduling fairness problems?

Deadlock detection for shared conditionals would be difficult, at
least in the general case.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Sebastian Huber