On 20/10/15 00:46, Chris Johns wrote:
Was this patch posted tode...@rtems.org  for review?

No, since this is a BSP specific patch.

I do not remember any discussion about how BSPs and FDT will be
supported.

U-Boot supports FDT for several years now. So, all U-Boot based BSPs may use this option.

  I posted an RTEMS API for FDT which seems to have been ignored.

I didn't ignore this, but I thought this is an optional add-on? The libfdt is a well established API. I don't see an immediate need for an RTEMS specific API on top of this. The FDT is used before the high level parts of RTEMS are available, e.g. files.

Can you please describe this use of FDT in RTEMS and how this can used
by more than the immediate use you have for your BSP?

The use of FDT for BSPs is to get U-Boot provided parameters.

Where is the documentation on how this is to be used by the BSP it is
designed to support? I do not see now a user is to build an application
to use this.

This is not for the user. This is for device driver parameters and the low-level system startup.

Which BSPs is this new BSP API intended for?

I do not support this change and would like it reverted until a better
proposal is put forward.

What is your alternative? There is no way for a QorIQ device as complex as a T4240 without FDT.

On 19/10/2015 6:53 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>  c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/include/fdt.h             | 30 +++++++
>  c/src/lib/libbsp/shared/src/bsp-fdt.c             | 59 ++++++++++++++
This is being adding the shared BSP API. Why?

This is useful for more than one BSP.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16