On 07/03/17 23:24, Chris Johns wrote:
On 03/03/2017 02:23, Gedare Bloom wrote:
In a way, I do like that this shows the different gcc-newlib versions
we use. It might be nice to add a bit of organization to this hashes
file and/or documentation of the procedure for adding/removing
entries.

Maybe it makes more sense to have a separate file for each version
being used, e.g. a gcc-4.8.3 hash file, gcc-4.9.3, gcc-6.0.1, etc?
That should make it easier to maintain the hashes.

I'll leave it to Chris to decide if this is a suitable compromise.

This seems to have stalled and I have had to push the change to fix builds on FreeBSD 11.0 so reverting the change is not possible.

Please apply this patch. We can look at further improvement as future refactoring work.

After the comments in this thread I sent an alternative patch that removes the hash file:

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2017-March/017102.html

Which one do you like?

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH