On 11/04/18 23:09, Chris Johns wrote:
Is it a requirement for Makefile.am we avoid line continuation?

For the source moves in the BSP tree I need Makefile.am which are friendly for automatic modification. The line continuation makes this a little bit more difficult.

I had a choice and wrapped lines in the testsuites and without any guidelines I
choose a more compact format. It was easy to do with python's textwrap module.

At some point I think it would be good to collect together what we want to do
with Makefile.am files as some form of a coding standard. I have some things
that might go in like conditionals ..

  https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2018-April/020889.html

I think we should focus on waf guidelines. The Makefile.am are a dead man walking.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09