On 07/11/2018 19:05, Joel Sherrill wrote:
Thanks.

A ticket needs to be filed to convert the tests if the counter works on all BSPs.

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2847

What are the BSP requirements for counter?

The BSP needs a free running counter which is not affected by power saving states of the processor.

Also, it likely means that results need to be recalibrated and cannot be compared
for historical purposes.

The CPU counter will likely use the same device as the timer driver.

At this point, I consider the two tests using counter future looking and outliers.

--joel

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:00 PM Sebastian Huber <sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de <mailto:sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de>> wrote:

    ----- Am 7. Nov 2018 um 18:13 schrieb joel j...@rtems.org
    <mailto:j...@rtems.org>:

    > Hi
    >
    > Do these report the same units?

    Not necessarily.

    > If not, there are only *tmtests which use rtems/counter.h and
    thus would be
    > reporting numbers with different units than the btimer.

    You can convert the counter value to nanoseconds:

https://docs.rtems.org/doxygen/branches/master/group__ClassicCounter.html#ga3e50a042e60bfcafdff5dbd46cad8947

    This is used by some tests for the XML output which can be used to
    plot some graphs:

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites/tmtests/tmcontext01/tmcontext01.scn
    https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites/tmtests/tmcontext01/plot.py

--