On 17/01/2019 06:45, Chris Johns wrote:
Do we want to use "tool chain" or "tool set" or "tools" for the RTEMS things
running on the host computer?
Yeah good question. A "tool chain" seems to have a meaning, a compile etc, a
"tool set" is an RSB based term and "tools" is overloaded with the rtems-tools.

I suppose to have a host tool suite? For example, the first sentence from the
Installation section:

  "This section details how to set up and install the RTEMS Ecosystem.
   You will create a tools suite for your host compiler and an RTEMS kernel
   for your selected Board Support Package (BSP)."

Good, "tool suite" for everything in the RTEMS area which runs on the host sounds nice.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09