On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 9:04 AM Sebastian Huber <
sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> On 14/02/2020 15:42, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
> > I guess it is time to kill it.
>
> I already have a smoking gun in my hands. I think it would be possible
> to make it working again with some effort. However, it is quite easy to
> add scheduler test scenarios in the RTEMS test suite itself, for example:
>

> https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/testsuites/smptests/smpschededf02/init.c#n108

The simulator allowed you to instance any number of cores in a system and
reduce the testing to just the scheduling events -- no interrupts, no
hardware,
no device drivers, and native debug environment.

You can easily construct a system with 2, 4, 8, 32, or 64 nodes with it. It
is
more flexible and really much simpler to debug with when developing a
scheduler.

--joel