On 29/05/2020 12:41, Niteesh G. S. wrote:

Hello,

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 12:52 PM Sebastian Huber <sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de <mailto:sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de>> wrote:

    Hello,

    since this code is not BSP-specific it should be located in
    cpukit. How
    many FreeBSD source files do you intend to import within this project?

This code depends on a bsp that has FDT support. We first imported it to
cpukit but then decided to move it to bsps/shared since we weren't able to
import BSP related files (bsp/fdt.h in this case) from cpukit.

Please think about how BSP dependencies can be avoided since this will also allow us to write unit tests for this infrastructure. One option is to add an API to register the device tree. BSPs which have a device tree do this before the API is used. Unit tests override the device tree to run the test cases.