I finally have gotten to reviewing Utkarsh's work in GSOC.  One item that I
don't like is that there is a linked list management of the threads that have
access to the stack.
I think this access is similar to the file descriptors that are blocked in a
select call.  On a given architecture I don't know exactly how many file
descriptors I can block, I don't know exactly what the FD_SET macro does, but I
have access to multiple file descriptors through the FD_* macros.

Using FD_SET and friends for specifying thread access could be a good model to
specify which threads need access to which thread.

However, it won't scale infinitely.  Linked lists won't scale infinitely in
real-time either.

Peter