On 1/4/21 6:37 am, jan.som...@dlr.de wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I stumbled upon some include path problems in libbsd while looking at Chris'
> ptpd port and I am not sure what is the recommended way to solve it.
> It starts with "freebsd/sys/sys/bus.h" including "machine/_bus.h".
> Currently, this will be the one from within "rtemsbd" which will redirect to
> "rtemsbsd/include/machine/bus.h" which is amd64 specific.
> For the pc686 BSP this will create a compile error for applications which
> include "<sys/bus.h>".

OK.

> I tried to solve it by removing the "_bus.h" in rtemsbsd and installing the
> correct one from "freebsd/sys/i386/include/machine/_bus.h", but I am not sure
> how to tell waf to install the file.
> Is there a way to add a single architecture specific header to the install
> headers?

Yes ....

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd/tree/libbsd.py#n111
https://git.rtems.org/rtems-libbsd/tree/libbsd.py#n2903

> I could add a corresponding path and wildcard to the "header-paths" in
> libbsd.py, but I am not sure if this is the right place.

I think the PCI module is the place to handle this. I am sorry but I cannot see
the issue clear at the moment and I cannot invest time performing a build.

The addCPUDependentFreeBSDHeaderFiles() on line 2931 of libbsd.py in the PCI
module looks a little suspect because there is no list of archs provided. Could
the issue be as simple as the list of archs is not there and the list is empty?

Chris