On 09/04/2021 14:01, dufa...@hda.com wrote:

I checked all the "spec/build/bsps/ARCH/grp.yml" files and don't see anything like
"variant" to restrict specifications to a subset of the BSPs in "ARCH".

This is the wrong level for BSP-specific options. You have to look for:

spec/build/bsps/ARCH/FAMILY/grp.yml

So, instead of changing the
"powerpc/{beatnik/haleakala,motorola_powerpc,mvme3100,mvme5500}/bsp*.yml}" files to add the
build-dependency on "uid: ../../optconsolebaud" can I put it in the
"spec/build/bsps/powerpc/grp.yml" file?
Actually, it would be nice if all BSPs use the same option for this setting. However, this requires that someone has the time to convert all console drivers to use this option. Also the removal of the old build system is required for cleanup work like this.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München