On 22/04/2021 20:00, Gedare Bloom wrote:

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:33 AM Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.hu...@embedded-brains.de>  wrote:
On 22/04/2021 17:44, Gedare Bloom wrote:

Also not related to the documentation, but it seems that
rtems_message_queue_construct() will not handle a NULL configuration.
Is this intentional, or a bug to fix in the code and an error status
to add? If it is intentional, an assert(config) should be added to the
code path.
  From my point of view it was intentional to not check for NULL. I can
add an _Assert( config != NULL ) or return an error status.

assert makes sense to me at this level, it is a misuse of the API by the user.
Since we already have excessive NULL pointer checks in the Classic API, I changed it to return RTEMS_INVALID_ADDRESS if the configuration is NULL in rtems_task_construct() and rtems_message_queue_construct().

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München