On 09/06/2021 20:47, Peter Dufault wrote:
Similar comments apply to RAM.  I'll be adding HyperRAM attached to FlexSPI port A chip select 2
and it won't be setup until we get past "bsp_start_hook_0()".  So initial stack needs to
be in on-chip RAM and we can't access anything outside of on-chip RAM until after we finish setting
HyperRAM up in "bsp_start_hook_0()".

The code for the "imxrt" "_start" assigns something to the stack pointer that
isn't mapped yet if we haven't set up HyperRAM.  It's not clear to me as someone not that clear
with ARM if that is ever going to be accessed.

The initial stack needs to be in an accessible memory area. Currently it is placed in this linker output section:

        .rtemsstack (NOLOAD) : ALIGN_WITH_INPUT {
                bsp_section_rtemsstack_begin = .;
                *(SORT_BY_ALIGNMENT (SORT_BY_NAME (.rtemsstack*)))
                bsp_section_rtemsstack_end = .;
        } > REGION_WORK AT > REGION_WORK
bsp_section_rtemsstack_size = bsp_section_rtemsstack_end - bsp_section_rtemsstack_begin;

Maybe we should place the .rtemsstack.interrupt input section into the REGION_VECTOR memory region.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München