On 08/04/2022 08:28, gabriel.moy...@dlr.de wrote:
PPS device drivers should use the kernel space API. Since we don't
have a user and kernel space in RTEMS, the kerne space API should be available
also if __rtems__ is defined.
So, you mean to remove the #ifdef _KERNEL using #ifndef__rtems__.
It is an

#ifdef _KERNEL
#else /* !_KERNEL */
#endif /* KERNEL */

In RTEMS we need both APIs, one for PPS drivers and the other for applications.

If we don't want to change the header, then PPS drivers have to do something
like this:

#define _KERNEL
#include <sys/timepps.h>
Yes, that's why added the #define _KERNEL in kern_ntptime.c.
What it is your suggestion here?

We have currently no API which needs a _KERNEL define. Maybe we should postpone the decision and keep the need for _KERNEL define at this point in time.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München