On 01.07.22 07:48, Chris Johns wrote:
On 1/7/2022 3:00 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
On 01.07.22 02:37, Chris Johns wrote:
+void _IO_Gcov_dump_info_base64( IO_Put_char put_char, void *arg );
+
Why just a per char interface? Given this is in the score a buffer plus length
interface would make more sense? It would make the interface more efficient.

All the test output uses a single char output function. This is also used by
_IO_Base64().

That is a shame. Are you saying it is a lot of work to change?

I don't see a need for change. These are internal functions. They are not part of the API.

The per char could be a convenience function version of the buffer and length
call for those use cases than want it, ie ....

+static void _IO_Gcov_dump( const void *data, unsigned length, void *arg )

If you really need this, you can call the libgcov functions directly.

The title of this patch to the "score" says ...

  "gcov: Add functions to dump the gcov information"

If I have a large app and want to use this support am I restricted to a per
character interface rather than a buffer and length or I implement this again
directly? I am not sure I understand the purpose of this code in the score?

The purpose of the score functions are to provide an implementation for rtems_test_gcov_dump_info(). The RTEMS test suite simply requires a character output function.

Is ESA going to use this gcov coverage for their applications?

They used gcov in the past with lots of local hacks.

I can move the linker set definition to a separate file.

I do not know how this relates.

If we move the RTEMS_LINKER_ROSET( gcov_info, const struct gcov_info * ); definition to a separate file, you can use __gcov_info_to_gcda() in your application with a custom dump function.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München