On 28.11.23 20:49, andrew.butterfi...@scss.tcd.ie wrote:
    +    scenario
    +        In a setting that involves many concurrent tasks that
    interleave in arbitrary
    +        ways, a scenario describes a single specific possible
    interleaving.  One
    +        interpretation of the behaviour of a concurrent system is
    the set of all its
    +        scenarios.
    +

This doesn't cover the common use case of a test scenario which is usually

less about threading and more about values and using a set of methods in

a particular manner.

In the context in which Sebastian asked me for this entry, the term `scenario` is used as described above.

But you are right that there are nuances here. In the Promela/SPIN based test-generation work, each counter example we get from SPIN describes a scenario as defined above, and we generate C test code that reproduces that scenario, including the precise interleaving of the tasks as per  that scenario.

The term scenario is used a lot in the formal verification chapter, so it should have an entry. Joel, do you have a suggestion to improve the wording?

--
embedded brains GmbH & Co. KG
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München