Hi all,

I’m new to the capability concept of seL4. Please correct me if I’m wrong. My
understand of the capability is that it is a reference to a chunk of memory
that allocated for specific purpose. Say if I want to do IPC between two
threads A and B, I will need to apply an chunk of memory as endpoint, which
give me a capability that I can pass from thread A to thread B is that correct?
Also it is ok to assume the message passing mechanism in IPC is a
producer-consumer model?

The reason I ask it because I’m thinking is it possible for three (or more)
threads that need to communicate with each other using the same endpoint, or it
has to be paired for each two of those threads to use an endpoint?

Thanks
-Dan