On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 12:32 PM, Mark Reus <markreu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i) Can a process be spawned or configured only from the root task? (using
> sel4_configure_process)

This one I can answer, though I'm not too familiar with the sel4_libs. :-)

Any thread can spawn another thread (or a process with separate address
space) if it has the appropriate capabilities. All of the raw materials for
a thread or process can be built directly from untyped objects... and
that's all you need -- enough untypeds to slice and dice into a CSpace,
maybe a VSpace, TCB, probably an Endpoint, etc.

(I know the simple library has some stuff to make this easier, but
hopefully the theory helps guide you!)

Devel mailing list