From: Devel <devel-bounces@sel4.systems> on behalf of Michael DeFrancis
<mdefran...@i-a-i.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 8:54 AM
To: Chubb, Peter (Data61, Kensington NSW)
Cc: devel@sel4.systems
Subject: Re: [seL4] AARCH64 with CAMKES (Questions)

Right.

I need to create an aarch64 (armv8-a) sel4 hypervisor and vmm in order to
support our customers in the USA. I will contribute all back to community
afterwards.

I need help getting started. Can you help?

Mike

____
Ramble..
I need the hypervisor pieces and the vmm pieces to run at aarch64 to do this. I
am willing to do the heavy lifting myself and of course contribute back all of
my changes - with whatever license agreement is necessary - but I think I need
some help getting started. Could you or someone from your team point me in the
right direction?

Getting an aarch64 hypervisor / linux demo running on top of sel4 will
definitely help us to sell sel4 (no pun intended?) to US customers interested
in using sel4 for safety critical systems.

I would prefer to stick with using camkes but I may have to strip all of the
camkes stuff out if it expedites things on my end in order to meet our
schedule.  I have reference code from the xen hypervisor (www.xen.world), that
I can use as a baseline.