On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 08:27:26PM +0200, Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> Hi,
> Pieter Smith wrote,
>
> > It looks like memmove() is broken by design for mips. This has come up
> > before in a previous thread, but with no proper resolution:
> >   https://mailman.uclibc-ng.org/pipermail/devel/2016-April/000837.html
>
> IIRC, the solution was found later, see:
> https://mailman.uclibc-ng.org/pipermail/devel/2016-May/000918.html

Thanks! I missed that one.

> Disable UCLIBC_USE_MIPS_PREFETCH.
> Prefetch is broken on some MIPS cores.

Pity. This was only introduced in v1.0.15. We are still stuck with
OpenWRT Chaos Calmer for which the toolchain is based on v1.0.14. We
should be switching to OpenWRT DD soon, so I should be able to disable
UCLIBC_USE_MIPS_PREFETCH.

I did however notice that this is not done even on the latest OpenWRT. I
will go knocking on the OpenWRT communitie's door.

> best regards
>  Waldemar

Thanks,
Pieter