Around 0 o'clock on Mar 4, Mark Vojkovich wrote:

> This is the core SW cursor not the ARGB SW cursor, though I haven't tried
> ARGB SW cursors (I forgot how to set one as the root cursor).

$ XCURSOR_THEME=redglass XCURSOR_SIZE=256 xsetroot -cursor_name shuttle

> I guess I'll
> have to set a flag in the driver and ignore the SetCursorColors
> request when it's called while an ARGB cursor is displayed.

The radeon driver already has such a flag.  Perhaps we should put code
into the hw cursor layer as well (in case a future driver forgets).

One issue here is that cursors sent in ARGB format which are actually two
color cursors get mapped by the extension to core cursors, and so
RecolorCursor actually has an effect on them.  I think this is a bug which
should get fixed up in DIX land though.

-keith