On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:26:50 +0000 (gmt) ciara mulvihill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
babbled:

> hey ,
> we're 3rd year computer science students doing a project.
> It envolves building an embedded system. We are going run an 486 embedded
> arcitecture emulator and we are deciding on the embedded operating system
> we'll run over this. We are probally going to choose Tinyx or PicoGUI.
> Any thoughts?

that depends what your display requirements & system design are? is it basically
1 app doing the display?  what/how much do you display? whats the target
"hardware" and its abilities (dumb framebuffer B&W? 8bpp? 16bpp? 32bpp? any
acceleration?) what resolutions? touchscreen? other input devices? account for
all of this when choosing. X (even tinyX) is a huge sledgehammer to solve what
might be a very small problem, and in the world of embedded, smaller is better,
so never use too big a sledgehammer compared to the problem size.

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)413 451 899    Home Phone: 02 9698 8615