It looks like all of the other scancodes like these that are currently
returned for various 2-byte codes need to be remapped. I recently did
this for 0x5c, which is KP_Equal on Macs. The attached patch (relative
to the current CVS trunk) should handle the rest of them. Let me know
if it works for you. If it does, I'll commit it.

So it works now ... pls commit for future releases ...

as i said i merged your changes to the vanilla source 4.3 and i now get
unique keycodes for both keys !  GREAT !

I also asked SuSE about my login problem and they already gave me the hint which
patch they applied to both kdm and X to make this encryption work .

so this another solved one !

btw : can you also commit / check in new Drivers in the X-Source ???

cause i ve written a Touchscreen driver for our device with many nice features , like calibration on the fly
, debounce , PDA-mode and so on .... SuSE already merged this one into their distribution and i am wondering
who i can ask to get it into XFree if the X-org is willing to !

The patch handles both
the built-in keyboard driver, and the modular "kbd" driver.

If we were starting over with this, we'd handle the mappings more cleanly.
We should probably do that for 5.0.

so i merged this changes for my specific 2 keys to the vanilla X-Free 4.3 sources and it works ..
the only thing now is that i cannot use kdm as Loginmanager anymore ....

what i have i s SUSE 8.2
what i do is recompile the XFree86 and kbd.o module then
i copy them to their position and restart the X-server
then when i let it start normally vi init() using kdm i get a

II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "PaceBook" (type: TOUCHSCREEN)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Mouse[1]" (type: MOUSE)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard[0]" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) Mouse[1]: ps2EnableDataReporting: succeeded
AUDIT: Tue Jun 17 15:22:50 2003: 2519 X: client 2 rejected from local host
Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1
AUDIT: Tue Jun 17 15:22:51 2003: 2519 X: client 2 rejected from local host
Auth name: XDM-AUTHORIZATION-1 ID: -1

XFree86 does not include "XDM-AUTHORIZATION" support (for reasons related to crypto export restrictions). You'll either need to add that in to your build (there should be someone here who can tell you how to do that), or disable its use by kdm.

David
--
David Dawes
Founder/committer/developer                     The XFree86 Project

-- _____________________________________ *Robert Woerle Linux & Customer Support* *PaceBlade Technology Europe SA* phone: +49 89 552 99935 fax: +49 89 552 99910 mobile: +49 179 474 45 27 email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> web: http://www.paceblade.com _____________________________________