Ian Romanick writes:

 > I looked into the code, and I now understand what's going on.  Alexis
 > made a good catch of a very subtle bug!  The main problem that I had was
 > that it wasn't 100% clear at first glance how bufSize / buf / pc were
 > used.  Some form of "- 8" should be applied to bufSize.  I have attached
 > the patch that I plan to apply to the DRI tree.  I suspect that it has
 > only cosmetic and / or commentary differences from your patch.
 >
 > Some things have moved around in the DRI tree, so this patch probably
 > won't apply to the XFree86 tree.

We can wait until the DRI stuff is merged back again.
The patch indeed is very similar to what has been proposed in #439.

I've also looked at the GLX code. At line 671 in glxext.c
there is :
    maxSize = ctx->bufSize - sizeof(xGLXRenderLargeReq);

Wouldn't we have to add sz_xGLXRenderReq there again?
I suppose if the size is to small it is saver as if it is too big.

Would you mind taking bug #439 and close it when the code is
scheduled for merger with XFree86?

Thanks a lot!

       Egbert.