Alex Deucher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't suppose you can contribute your code back?  I've sure
> someone could get it working in due time.

Unfortunately no (NVIDIA will not let us Open Source any of our code due
to existing NDA's), but we are using the riva_hw.c module from XFree86.
Our version only has a few slight modifications from the version in
4.3.0, and not related to multi-head. Basically as long as the BIOS posts
both heads and comes up in clone mode, the XFree86 4.3.0 nv driver should
be able to handle multi-head if someone sat down and tweaked it. All you
need to do is make sure you control the correct CRTC registers etc for
the appropriate head, and make sure you have the crtcOwner register set
to the correct values.

Regards,

---
Kendall Bennett
Chief Executive Officer
SciTech Software, Inc.
Phone: (530) 894 8400
http://www.scitechsoft.com

~ SciTech SNAP - The future of device driver technology! ~